Let's Be(gin)

 


Believe it or not but the re-birth of Raspberry Iguana started back on Monday 7th August 2023 at approximately 8pm, this photo was taken as evidence and to stop the procrastination and just do it. Well, it has been a journey, one of procrastination not for lack of want or excitement to re-launch and re-brand a name I have had since I was 18 (I don't wish to disclose how many years that is but just trust me, it is more than I even care to think about.) I was in a search of perfection, I have spent the majority of my adult life working in retail head office roles, none of which were perfect and each had their own waves to ride whilst still being very successful but because of this I felt like I should be extra cautious and perfect everything about my brand and small business before sharing it with the world. This coupled alongside a barrage of excuses about home renovations, some planned, others not quite as planned, two small and very active boys and just general life it seemed that there was always something else that I felt needed my attention more. I can't pin point the exact time I threw caution to the wind, lit a rocket and decided I was the only one stopping the launch because ultimately I am a one woman band, I am the designer, the sign off meeting, the manufacturer, the supply chain and kind of the sales advisor and marketeer too, but I am glad I did. However maybe my timing could have been better as I chose to get all the photography (I am the photographer too) done the week before May half term which did mean I didn't actually get launched until the smalls were back at school because of course who has a moment to drink a warm mug of tea on half term let alone sit on a laptop for hours on end setting up shop?

It has been 27 days since I launched on Folksy and business isn't exactly booming but what I will say is I am proud of myself; I am sat in my garden, enjoying the last of the evening sun writing only my second blog post yet I have taken a leap of faith, embraced a change towards doing something I truly love, it isn't perfect and probably never will be but I am doing my best, learning and evolving all the time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Chooseday

Is There Such a Thing as a 10-minute Task?