Tuesday Chooseday



I am old fashioned and when it comes to getting things done, I am a fan of both a notebook and a list. As you can see from the photo, today has been a day of lists and a very productive one at that. 

Posting on social media daily during June didn't give me much time to focus on anything else small business wise. Life has also been happening and it has been one of those weeks (reminder to self that we are still only on Tuesday) where everything seems to just need some sort of action, cleaning, washing, school runs, activities, appointment booking and re-arranging, summer holidays looming and an overall end of term tiredness taking over the house. My brain had so many tabs open that I was losing track of which one needed my attention next, so I woke up and in the spirit of my social media post today - for Tuesday/chooseday I chose to have a good day, a good old productive day. I armed myself with coffee, water, all of the notebooks and a pen and started to get organised. 

I started with my July focus to do list; I have almost been making these lists monthly since the start of the year to help me look at a handful of tasks that I can squeeze in around life happening away from Raspberry Iguana. The satisfaction of ticking something off, or my preferred method marking through the task with a pastel highlighter is second to none. My whole family laugh at my love of lists but it honestly it is just the easiest way for me to get my thoughts out of my brain and prioritised or find the quick wins. It also aids my addiction of purchasing new stationary - in particular I love a good notebook and folder.

As well as addressing all my tasks for July I have taken a deeper dive into my social media plan and tidied it up a bit and even started scheduling some posts which is in line with one of the goals I have set myself for this month. I have even started planning some new products and when I can launch these so, please stay tuned.

The one thing I am still procrastinating on is researching video editing apps and then actually using them to create some content; I know I will get there but today wasn't the day and that is ok.

I am ending terrific Tuesday feeling pretty terrific. Even though life can throw some curve balls and sometimes pulls you in many different directions all at one, just take a breath, stay positive and make a plan, starting with the little things and soon you will see that you can achieve anything, just choose to take control. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Be(gin)

Is There Such a Thing as a 10-minute Task?