We Have News



Hello,

Through the love of doodling and looking for creative solutions to aid the hustle and bustle of family life the seed was planted and with gentle encouragement from family and friends I was prompted to grow my hobby into a small business.

Raspberry Iguana provides homemade products from soy wax candles to enhance your mood alongside a family orientated range of charts and posters, including custom designed and hand painted birthday posters for children and scavenger hunts following different themes. Sleep charts, family rules and emotion charts are also available to aid with the hustle and bustle of family life.

The short explanation for the name, Raspberry Iguana, is it was a nickname given to me by my brother when I was a little girl and was obsessed with arts and crafts, dressing up and Iguana's. Many years later when I was struggling to think of a name to sell under and this one suddenly popped to the forefront of my mind, and I think the quirky nature of it suits the world of handmade crafting beautifully. Just to confirm - no iguanas are part of the making process.

On a personal note, I live and work out of my very small office and share my home with my husband, my two smalls and a hamster that loves to nip you. With the risk of sounding cheesy it was my family that inspired me as many of the products I originally started making to ease our own family life - including the candles as a calming hobby for myself; one day I will share the 'original pieces' that I still have dotted around my home today. My background is in retail head office but when my work life balance needed to re-align itself, I turned to my previous loves of doodling, drawing and crafting to regain my identity but still in favour of a slower pace to life.

I have a store on Folksy and share content around Raspberry Iguana on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. The purpose of this blog is to give more detailed content; to post not just about the products but share slightly more personal stories - sometimes ramblings as I work through this journey of building a small business with my one worker (that's me) alongside all the other life stuff.

On a side note - I have a limited experience in blogging and only ever blogged as part of a uni project many moons ago so please be aware that this will not be a literary masterpiece, but I hope you will enjoy it all the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Be(gin)

Tuesday Chooseday

Is There Such a Thing as a 10-minute Task?