Is There Such a Thing as a 10-minute Task?

 Currently there are 6 and a half school days left and with each passing hour I feel like I am looking more and more like the character Anxiety from Inside Out 2 (if you haven’t seen it yet then I thoroughly recommend). I have so many tabs open of all the things that I think I need to get done before summer starts because summer is for the smalls, and I intend to try and make it as fun as possible for them which means I need to get a few steps ahead. Luckily, the smalls are having a mini staycation at Nanny and Grandads for the first week, so I have a little more time. Thank-you!

So, with time or lack of it at the forefront of my mind I was slightly relieved when the school mentioned I could skip the last two Mondays of term due to some fun end of term activities (I listen to the children read in my eldest’s class for an hour every Monday). With my ‘to do list’ written and confident that I would achieve everything on it – I added in a little 10-minute task to start the day. I have been working on some bits for the smalls to make our summer road trip a bit more fun when we are in the car for long periods of time – I will share these with you when they are finished. I had printed out all of the elements but needed to cut them out for laminating to help protect them from mucking hands and make them re-usable. To be honest, if I look at what I had to cut out I was lying to myself if I thought I would get it all done in 10 minutes. There was a lot, so much that when I stopped for lunch at 1pm having started soon after 9am; my right hand was visibly swollen, and I had trouble gripping the knife to slice my bagel. It was only when I was painfully laying out all the pieces on the many sheets of laminate that I realised I was going to have to cut them all out all over again once laminated. At some point in all of this I suffered my second work injury of the day and have given myself a really deep paper/laminating sheet cut on my thumb. By this point I was determined to get this ’10-minute task’ done, so after a 4 hour pause post afternoon school run, dinnertime, bath time, story time and finally the smalls bedtime; I picked up where I left off and sat in front of the telly cutting out all of the elements for the second time that day and it went so much quicker, it went so much quicker because somehow I had managed to miss laminating half of the stuff…guess what I am doing today? I decided it was time for bed, I made a calm tea and headed upstairs, I was just about to turn out the light when my husband gently reminded me, I had promised the boys to learn how to solve the Rubik’s cube by the time they woke up in the morning – midnight I finally gave in. 

 

A little update on my July goals…

 

Shout about Raspberry Iguana – I have shared Raspberry Iguana on my personal accounts and friends and family have also been sharing some of the posts, continuing to like and comment on posts too. I have gained a few new followers and hopefully by continuing to openly talk about Raspberry Iguana the community will continue to grow.

 

Start filming content, editing it too; maybe set-up a Tik Tok account; surprise, surprise, I am still procrastinating on this one. I have filmed some content but not really got round to editing it yet. I think I am delaying because I have no experience in this area so when I do it, I will be learning a whole new skill which takes both time and brain power. I have other items on my ‘to do list’ where I know what I am doing so are easier to complete. 

 

On a positive note, I have been scheduling a lot of my posts recently and it has really helped although I haven’t done any scheduling on Pinterest so there isn’t as much content making it on to that platform – something I will change in the future, but I am not worried about for now.

 

Hope you all have a great day, I will mainly be laminating, cutting and solving the Rubik’s cube.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Be(gin)

Tuesday Chooseday